The Central Illinois German Shepherd Dog rescue has been finding loving homes for German Shepherd Dogs for over ten years. View the Alumni of this rescue by clicking on a link below:
View more alumni on Petfinder's Happy Tails...
You will notice that there are sponsors listed next to the names of many alumni...
If you would like to make a donation, please visit our Donations page for more information
Some sponsors have given gifts and have not designated which dog their donation should be given to. These donors are listed below:
- The employees of Pairie Gardens in memory of Sue Dickson and her love for German Shepherds
- Micki Hippelli for support of this rescue's efforts.
- Bruce and Kim Long for their continued support of our puppers!
- Donna Scheff.
- Patricia Cumming.
- Deena Canals.
- John and Marjorie Waldman Slingerlands in honor of Griffen, Raiks, Harley, Casidy, Penny, Ajax and Nuk.
- Nancy Brayton New Bern in memory of OV-OTCH AV. Mach Noonmark Della UoPo UDX-TC-CGC.
- Mary Lynn Broe Pittsford in honor of nieces and nephews: Sean, Patrick, Caitlin, Kevin, Brianna & dogs: Paladin and Bullet.
- Lynn Erckmann Kirkland in memory of Margaret LaTour who did GSD Rescue for Seattle Purebred Dog Rescue
- Roger and Elizabeth Garant in honor of Ms. Joyce Gauthier.
- Revel Weidman in honor of Janner UD.
- James and Mary Lebreton in memory of Gretchen 5/9/95 to11/18/03.
- Pamela Wollenberg in honor of Dora, Timee, and Nikon.
- Megan Kazda in honor of her five German Shepherd Dogs.
- Judi Hardin in memory of Stella, sadly missed, but her star shines on...
2008 Fur Funders:
The Feinberg family. Dale & Maxine Manning in honor of Lakota. Steve Hitz in memory of Marah & Gretchen. Mark & Janet Koonce in honor of Bodie, Gracie & Mo. Peter Kuk. Bonnie Layland. John Stein. Michael and Sherry Eckert in honor of Noir and Hank. Vickey Hollingsworth in memory of Scout.
Special Thanks (2008):
- Thank you to the Feinberg family who help this rescue in honor of their fur-family.
- Continued thanks to Steve Hitz who gives in memory of Marah & Gretchen.
- Thank you to Deborah Clarke who generously helps our handsome Jack.
- Thank you to Dale & Maxine Manning who's German Shepherd, Lakota, is family.
- Thank you to Mark & Janet Koonce for sponsoring the rescue doggies in honor of Bodie, Gracie & Kozmo-Jo.
- A special thank you to Bruce and Kim Long who give canned doggie vittles in honor of Kooper and Leiah.
- Our seniors thank Peter Kuk for the large donation of Joint Enhancer.
- Thank you to Kelly Vitton who gives generously to the rescue puppers.
- Special thank you to Chris & Tricia Miller who help the rescue dogs in honor of Kylie.
- Thank you to Steve Hitz for the wonderful Easter basket of treats for the puppers!
- Many thanks to Rebecca Kuk who gives in loving memory of Elsa & Oscar the GSD.
- A special thank you to Philip Starr for giving generously to help our handsome Jack.
- Thank you to Bonnie Layland for generously supporting the rescue puppers!
- Special thanks to Joannie Vriner who helps our puppers in honor of her Shepherds, Milo & Reni.
- A special thank you to Suzanne Zimmerly who generously gives to Jack's care in memory of Buck.
- An extra special thank you goes out to Tricia, Chris and their GSD Kylie for providing a very generous amount of much needed dog food.
- Many thanks to Cheryl Smith for providing needs from our holiday wish list.
- A huge "thank you" to Read more about this handsome boy and find out how preventable canine heartworm disease is...so you can protect your own pets.
2007 Fur Funders:
Lois Hall in memory of Harley & Dusty. The Koonce's in honor of Bodie, Gracie & Mo. The Hehns in honor of Buddy & Barney. Dolores Hughes and Mikey. Gerry Haas and Bailee. Chrissy Little in honor of doggie friends that aren't "perfect". Steve Hitz in memory of Marah & Gretchen. Mary Van Meer in honor of Betsy. Michelle Liberton.
Special Thanks (2007):
- Thank you for donating dog food in 2007: Tricia, Chris and their GSD Kylie. Brian Duling. Ashley Bowermaster. Joy Martin in honor of Giselle and Ludy. Beth Acuncius. Peggy Reese. Mary Van Meer in honor of Betsy. Kathy Xanders in memory of Duchess. Amy Goode in honor of Luke and in memory of the beloved Nelke and Hannah. Bruce and Kim Long in honor of Kooper and Leiah. Lisa Haas in memory of her beloved German Shepherds: Barney, Poco, and Cody. Cheryl Smith in honor of King.
- Thank you to Chrissy Little who has sent 2 rope toys, 2 training leashes, liver treats, and rawhide chewies with a special note of affection for the doggie friends that aren't "perfect"--they all deserve homes.
- Lisa Haas gives this holiday season in honor of Dolores Hughes and Mikey as well as Gerry Haas and Bailee. Both honorees requested donations to the dogs of this rescue instead of receiving material gifts themselves.
- Thank you to Philip Starr for such a generous donation towards Tyson's care.
- Thank you to the Koonce's who give in honor of Bodie, Gracie & Mo.
- Thank you to Michelle Liberton for giving to all our puppers in need.
- Thank you to Tricia, Chris and their GSD Kylie for generously helping with Tyson's heartworm treatment.
- Thank you to Mark & Janet Koonce who help Tyson in honor of Bodie and Gracie.
- Thank you to John & Marla Ewers who send Thanksgiving blessings in honor of Kaiser.
- Thank you to Jinna Bensley for generously donating to Tyson's heartworm treatment in honor of Stormy.
- Thank you Sarah Greene for your donation to help our homeless doggies, including little Liebe, Nina, Dodger, Sydney and for continuing to send support to our poor Malachi.
- Thank you to Ivan Manley for generously supporting German Shepherds in need.
- A special thank you to Kaden for loving pets like Leibe, who trust us to care and provide for them.
- Thank you to Tricia & Chris for helping rescue dogs have an opportunity for a home like their GSD, Kylie.
- Many, many thanks to Cheryl Smith who continues to be a blessing to our homeless puppers.
- A special thank you to Kim Long for sending lots of special packets of nummy home cooked hamburger & rice to Malachi to aid his hurting tummy and help him gain weight.
- Thank you Philip Starr for generously helping the homeless Shepherds and keeping their food bowls full.
- Thank you Mike & Nicolle White for helping Malachi in honor of Jimmy.
- Thank you to the Arnold /Horn family who supplied a month of medication for our sweet, little Candy, in honor of their foster doggies.
- A special thank you to Jill Olson who provided another month of treatment for our sweet Candy
- Special thanks to Linda Kaplan for giving generously to help Thunder.
- Thank you to Bruce and Kim Long for providing yummy food to our needy puppers!
- A special thank you Cheryl Smith who gives generously in honor of King.
- A huge thank you to Rebecca Kuk who gives in loving memory of her beloved Oscar the GSD.
- Thank you to Ivan Manley for supporting the rescue puppers.
- Thanks to Lisa Haas for her generous support of Lucky in memory of her beloved German Shepherds: Barney, Poco, and Cody.
- A special thank you to Ian and Linda Kaplan for their generous sponsorship of Maggie.
- A special thanks to Tricia, Chris and their GSD Kylie for sending a generous donation toward the care of the puppers.
- Thank you to Tony & Rebecca Rose for giving us a hand in helping the homeless German Shepherds.
- Thank you to Cheryl Smith who generously gives in honor of King.
- A special thank you to Ivan Manley for his generosity in sponsoring the rescue doggies.
- Many thanks to Bruce and Kim Long who give in honor of Kooper and Leiah.
- Thank you to Steve Hitz for helping Ace with his treatment in honor of Dweezel, Heide, and Lonesome George and in memory of Marah & Gretchen.
- Thank you to Kristina Sturwold who gives in memory of Taz.
- Thank you to Lori Broach who gives in honor of Leia's 6th birthday.
- Thank you to Cheryl Smith for her boundless generosity to the rescue puppers in honor of King.
- Thank you to Bonnie Layland who gives in honor of Gretta and Max.
- Thank you to Dolores Hughes who gives to our needy, homeless Shepherds in honor of Bailee and Mikey.
- Thank you to Michelle Liberton who gives in in honor of Heidi.
Special Thanks (2006):
- Thank you for your food donation in 2006: Susan Hehn, Bruce & Kim Long, Gabe Coil
- Thank you to Steve Hitz for the special Christmas toy package for the rescue doggies!
- Thank you to Cheryl Smith for a generous donation in honor of King.
- Nikki thanks the Feinberg family for their generous donation.
- A special thank you goes out to John Stein who generously covered all of Buddy's medical costs. Read Buddy's Story...
- A special thanks Tricia, Chris, and their GSD Kylie, for sending a generous donation toward his care.
- Thank you Elizabeth McKenna for your generous support of June!
- Thank you to Mark Koonce for his generous food donation in honor of Bodie.
- Thank you Bruce and Kim Long for the thoughtful gift of dog food.
- Thank you so much for your 2006 food donations! Laura Staisiunas in honor of her two rescued German Shepherds, Sage and Feather. Brian & Shaila Simmons in memory of their wonderful Donner. Bonnie Layland in honor of Gretta & Max. Shannon and David Pahl in honor of Sophie. Mark Koonce in honor of Bodie. Amy Goode in honor of Luke and in memory of the beloved Nelke and Hannah. Steve Hitz in memory of Buddy. Rebecca Kuk in loving memory of her beloved Oscar the GSD. Bruce and Kim Long. John and Marla Ewers in honor of Kaiser. Nicolle White.
- A continued thanks to Nicolle White for not only opening her home to our own fur-children, but also for advocating on behalf of numerous homeless pets.
- Thank you Bruce and Kim Long for the thoughtful gift of puppy chow during the Spring of 2006.
- A special thank you to Cheryl Smith for generously providing for our puppers.
- Thank you to Michael and Sherry Eckert for helping homeless German Shepherds in honor of their Shepherd, Noir.
- Many thanks to Rebecca Kuk for her generous sponsorship of the fur-kids in our program. Rebecca provides these contributions in loving memory of her beloved Oscar the GSD.
- Big thanks to Bruce and Kim Long for the 2005 holiday goodies for all the rescue doggies!
- Thank you for your dog food donations in the spring of 2006: Lisa Haas in honor of Mikey. James Feinberg and Vera Gabliani in honor of Punk. Bonnie Layland in honor of Gretta. Mary Van Meer in honor of Betsy. Bruce and Kim Long who spoil their Shepherds and ours. Steve Hitz in memory of Marah & Gretchen. Nicolle White.
Special Thanks (2005):
- We thank Steve Hitz for the thoughtful 2005 gifts he picked out for our homeless Shepherds.
- Thank you to Bruce and Kim Long for all canned & dry food as well as the yummie doggie bones! Bow wow!
- A super thank you to Steve Hitz who never forgets about our puppers!
- Huggy Leebah thanks Tricia, Chris, and their GSD Kylie, for sending a generous donation toward her care.
- A special thank you to Penny & Mike Hart for their generous support of Glory.